It all started with...

Yay, first posting in 2009 will be grouped in a new category called "My Doctorate Journey"... (Geee... I'm sooo eager to have additional "Ph. D" after my name, so it'll be "Windra Swastika, Ph. D"... Cool, ah? After finishing "My Doctorate Journey", next category will be "The New Adventure of Chasing Professorship", haha2...)

So, it all started with a dream (remember...? we all are ordinary people, and will stay ordinary until we encounter extraordinary dreams and the moment we step forward to achieve that dream, we're becoming extraordinary). I'm dreaming... of a white Christmas..., oh, sorry, it's over... I'm dreaming, that someday my mom and my future soulmate (whoever she is and probably with my children) attend my doctorate graduation ceremony (somewhere in Australia, USA or Japan), and when the dean calls my name to come forward to stage, my mom shouts "THAT'S MY BABY BOY...!!!" (Please deh, mom...)

But, like the wise says, the journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. Definitely, doctorate journey is not one or two miles away. It's a long... long journey. It takes many steps to make that dream come to past.

My first step was initialized by Ivonne Sabrina (a friend that lives and works in USA... we've even never met, yet she's willing to help me sincerely - ya, sincere people DOES exists). She introduces me with her former lecturer that already got Ph. D degree from State and gives me some valueable information. Thanks a lot, Von!

Yesterday was my second step. I attended "How to get scholarship for Universities in Japan" workshop. Another valuable information. The speaker gave us a very detail step, start from how to write the research proposal, search for professor, contact professor, fill in the scholarship application from, interview tricks, etc. He made me believe that as long as we step in the right track (of scholarship), then we'll have the same result (get the scholarship).

Ok, what next? The next two weeks will be a time for writing research proposal and contact professors (notice: PLURAL!) to find a supervisor for my research. Meanwhile, enhancing my English is a MUST!

I'll keep updating the news...

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Tentang Charis National Academy (2)

Mengurus Visa Korea di Jepang

Day care di Jepang dan keadilan sosial