In the book of Mathew, chapter 5, there's a very famous and powerful exposition that Jesus ever preach. It called "Sermon on the mount" (Kothbah di Bukit). This "Sermon On the Mount" starts with "The Beatitude" (Ucapan/Sabda Bahagia). There are 8 beatitudes that every believer should live in their daily life, "Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven", "Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted", "Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth." and so on. But, anyway, I'm not gonna teach about this "Sermon on the mount".
I have my own Sermon. This is probably the most and powerful academic sermon I've ever preached in my career history as an IT lecturer. Since my room at 2nd floor of B* P* Building, I call it "Sermon on the 2nd Floor".
Let's start with the first series, called "The Beatitudes" (Sabda Bahagia).
- And seeing the multitudes reading this blog, I went up to my office: and when I was set, I start to type.
- Blessed are the pure in heart during the work, for they shall obtain promotion.
- Blessed are the Professors and Ph. D/DR, for they shall appreciated with high salary.
- Blessed are those who hold JAFA (Jabatan Fungsional Akademik/Functional Acknowledgment as a lecturer from the Department of National Education), for they shall teach in peace.
- Blessed are those which do hunger and thirst after the truth, for they shall receive block grant through their research.
- Blessed are those hold Structural position (Jabatan Struktural), for they shall find many problems and challanges.
- Blessed are the workaholics and productive lecturers, for they shall be praised.
- Blessed are the diligent, merciful, cheerful and joyful, for they shall become popular and nominated as Lecturer of the year.
- Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for they shall quit and find another good University.
- Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for you shall receive help from many friends.
So, colleagues, if you want to quote this verse, you may say, "According to Sermon on the 2nd Floor by Windra, Posting #155, verse 3, it said that Blessed are the ..."
Hehe2... and someday this "Sermon on the 2nd Floor" will become popular around the world and be preached from university to university. This sermon will be a standard for lecturer attitude. It starts from this small university.